So I announced on Instagram that I am pregnant!
We went for our 12 week scan and we saw a very happy bouncy baby! I am very excited/happy/relieved. One thing I have realised since having Felicity and becoming pregnant again, is that I am quite anxious this time round.
We are all very excited to welcome a new baby to the gang in December!
If you haven't visited Fowey - do it!
It is such a lovely place to visit. It has really cute little shops, lovely places to eat and a stunning river. We also hired a boat with some friends and that was brilliant.
Check out - https://www.fowey.co.uk/ - we love it and luckily its not far from us. We usually drive to Boddinick and get the ferry (either by walking or the car)
I was given National Trust membership for my 30th birthday and our local NT property is Lanhydrock.
It is a stunning house and the grounds are huge. It is also dog and push chair friendly! It wasn't the best winters day but it wasn't raining and it was lovely to get some fresh air.
We are hoping to use our NT membership a bit more over the Spring/Summer before it ends in June. Let me know your favourite NT places to go!
I am sorry for the lack of content on the blog - I have been super busy with my real life job!
I am the Office Manager/Social Media Manager for a charity in Cornwall and we recently relaunched the charity so it has been crazzzzy.
I am planning on doing some posts about some places we have recently visited in Cornwall so keep an eye out for them! & thanks for your patience, sometimes real life takes over my social media/blog.
When I heard my oldest friend FiFi was going to be in the country for Christmas, I just had to make sure we met up!
I was born in Truro and these were our friends growing up in Truro. Even when we moved to Bristol when I was very young, we still went back every summer or school holiday to visit.
They make up a huge part of my childhood. I was the youngest of the gang and loved being part of this crazy crew.
To catch up after so long (I think the last time we saw them all was at my wedding 5 years ago), I've now had Felicity and FiFi has had 2 children. But it felt like nothing had changed and it was so special to see how everyone was.
We also visited one of our old hang outs; Trelissick Gardens and it was absolutely stunning. We used to moan and moan about going for a walk there, how times have changed!
National Trust Trelissick Garden
We absolutely love Cardinham Woods, near Bodmin.
Firstly, its only half an hour from Looe, which is ideal when you have a very sicky toddler in the car.
Its dog friendly AND, this is the big bit for me, it has an amazing cafe. C'mon, a dog walk isn't a good dog walk without a coffee and cake, or a spot of lunch!
They were doing a winter special's menu, which included a winter ploughmans...well, it was so good I had it twice! (Obviously not on the same day).
I also had some amazing chocolate Guinness cake (I'm not a Guinness drinker but this cake was unreal).
It's also got a lovely wooden park for the kids. It's probably a bit better for older kids but there's a swing and some bits for toddlers.
Anyway, if you are around that way, it's a good place for the whole family!
These are some of my most favourite photos. Look at how happy she is!
We got Felicity and my Mum these ducks for Christmas and they are just such lovely animals. They are quite scatty and don't come to us but we are trying to make them be a bit more friendly. Felicity just wants to cuddle and kiss them!
I was tagged my new lovely friend @kateandthetwins to do #20factsaboutme so here we go;
1. I met my gorgeous husband is a nightclub (Oceana 🤙) in Bristol, & we've been together 10 years now
2. Our first date he took me to watch England vs Spain in Manchester, I got so travel sick on the way back that I didn't speak to him the whole way home. But it did start snowing when we got to Bristol (It was all very romantic)
3. I was born in Truro, Cornwall
4. We got married outside overlooking St Ives
5. I have a degree in Sociology & Criminology
6. I have worked on loads of murder cases, including some famous ones - Joanna Yeates, Melanie Hall & Melanie Road to name a few
7. My cousins are basically my sister's and I adore them.
8. I suffered from PTSD after the traumatic birth of my gorgeous Felicity
9. Felicity means happiness & she is my happiness
10. I love football. I support Liverpool, and have done since I was about 10. The only reason I picked Liverpool was because I was obsessed with Michael Owen. My Dad was an Everton supporter but didn't mind me picking Liverpool as he was just happy I liked football!
11. I've been told I look like Jenna Coleman
12. I love all animals but my favourite animals are donkeys and owls. I will own a donkey (or 2) of my own in the future.
13. I currently have a dog (Red who is a 6 year old Hungarian Vizsla), a 4 year old grey & white cat called Marilyn, 3 chickens, 2 ducks & a tortoise called Falfy. Our first ever pet was a black & white cat called Stevie (named after Steven Gerrard, who became my obsession after Michael Owen). Stevie was the love of my animal life 💔
14. My favourite food is my Mums spaghetti bolognese
15. My second home is Spain, at my Auntie and Uncle's hotel in Andalusia
16. The other country I love is Italy. This is where we spent 3 weeks for our honeymoon travelling the length of Italy.
17. My husband took us to Toronto for my 30th birthday & it was a trip of a lifetime
18. I adore my family. I have 2 nephews & 1 niece. I lost my I lost my Dad when I was 16 so family is extremely important to me.
19. I have 4 best girlfriends in Bristol 💜
20. I now live in Cornwall, from Bristol & I love it
I decided to pay for a food intolerance test. And the reason I did this was I was being sick every time I drank alcohol. I had tried different alcohol, and always made sure I ate lots of food beforehand. I could drink lots or just have one drink, and I was still sick about an hour after having a drink. I am not massively bothered about drinking, never have been but I do like to have the option of drinking.
So I paid £40 for a private food intolerance test. I found out that I had severe intolerance to; coffee, bananas, onions and garlic. OK so coffee and bananas I can just about deal with but onions and garlic?! They are in nearly every food!! Baked beans, soups, pasta sauces, casseroles!
The lady who did the test said to try 6 weeks without any of the intolerance's (there were loads; those 4 were my severe ones). So I am 2 weeks into none of my intolerance's and so far, have nothing to report! I really hope I start to feel the benefit. I am basically hoping for miracles! Ha. But I do want to do it and then I will slowly reintroduce onions and garlic and see if that has any effect. And then I would like to try a small gin!
For my Mum & Felicity's Christmas presents, we decided to get them ducks!
So we have 2 new additions to the gang, Milky way and chocolate brownie. They are currently in with the chickens and we've added a little pond for them in the coop. They really stick together and they are so cute. We haven't had any eggs from them yet but hope they will lay in the spring.
We need to cut their wings to be able to let them out but I think we will leave that to the spring too. And I have no idea how we will catch them to cut them as they won't come anywhere near us!
My Mum was so surprised when we got them and Felicity loves them.
Hello! I'm Jess.
Follow me on Instagram (cornwall_baby) for more photos;